Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Alumni Dinner

This past weekend I attended the 2013 UNH sailing team's Parent/Alumni dinner. In doing so I picked up on many stories I felt I would be able to write about for this upcoming week. As we spoke about in class, there is no story in an event that happens every year. The thing was that during the dinner the coach, Diana Weinbacher, informed the team that were having boats donated to us. A few years back, there was a fire to the UNH sailing boat house, causing the loss of over 75 boats. During her announcement at the dinner on Saturday, October 5th, she also said that with these donation we are either at or past the numbers of boats the team lost during the tragic fire. Being on the sailing team, this is a subject I am very interested in and am planning to write about for the upcoming week. The subject of the fire will be a interesting one to bring back up in light of a great new accomplishment for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment