Sunday, December 1, 2013
Future in journalism
In this major, every one wants to make it. Big or small the goal is to be published. Talking about average lives in journalism was definitely scary. Low pay, lots of climbing up the totem pole, and a whole lot of bills stacking up at home. It's scary, but manageable. I always used to say to my dad, "I don't want to live a life of money, I just want to be happy," and his reply was always, "wait until you don't have any, then come tell me that." He always supports it and wants my happiness as much as the next dad, but what I've come to realize is he wanted to make the struggle and little less hard and in return, I became an English major. English is a passion, so if I can have a job in it, I"ll gladly prove my dad wrong. Whether it takes 3 jobs to keep up with the bills, and lots of shitty living spaces, I don't care. It hasn't changed since I was 5-years-old. I wanted to be happy, not greedy. I wanted to do what I love and not settle. Now if I end up in journalism, or teaching English, or even a famous novelist (yeah right haha,) I'll be happy because I'm doing what I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment