Sunday, December 1, 2013
Deadlines
If there is anything I learned this semester, it is the importance of deadlines. They keep you on a schedule and force you to stay on track. Unless you miss all of them, then you make the realization of their importance the hard way. They keep coming up, and if you miss one it doesn't just disappear. The work just stacks and stacks until you have no choice but to do them all at once (which we all know is never going to be good). Whether it be this class with constant stories and blogs that have to be done, or a physics class that you wait until the last minute to write up a lab report on something you did weeks ago, it's never fun. I am a victim of learning the hard way. Although I don't regret it, I wish I had caught on a little sooner. Don't get me wrong, I hate that I did it. It did teach me to handle time management and my priorities better though. Through out the semester I always got the stories in, but I never quite got my stories to the level I wanted them to be at. Plus, I got way to caught up in what to write about that I stopped worrying about the several other important factors to writing and news reporting. Whether it be a day late, or a week late, it comes back to bite you in the butt when it comes to the next story, the next deadline and especially the end of the semester and the ones to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment